We often hear from our new patients: “Wow! I never knew therapy could be like this. I am actually getting better. You actually watch me do my exercises, and you care if I am doing them correctly.”
That’s our one-on-one, highly personalized, whole-patient treatment at work! Whether you visit Brighton Physical Therapy for physical, occupational or speech therapy, we make sure to craft a plan specific to you.
“The attitude of my therapist was very enthusiastic, friendly, positive. I looked forward to coming every time.” Client ’12
Your first visit is your evaluation
• As a new patient, you will need to bring:
- Copies of your insurance cards
- Your driver’s license
- Prescription and any paperwork you didn’t complete and submit online
• At your first visit:
- You’ll discuss your physical issues with your therapist
- Measurements will be taken
- Your new-patient treatment plan will be established
- You may get some treatment and a home exercise program
- Your therapist may recommend occupational and speech therapy, in addition to physical therapy
• After your first visit:
- It’s not uncommon to be sore after your first visit. We need to see what you can and can’t do, and we work hard to make your more comfortable.
- After your initial visit, you shouldn’t leave therapy in more pain than when you arrived.
• Your new patient treatment plan
- Most patients are seen two to three times a week.
- Treatment sessions are usually 45 minutes to an hour.
- You will have a set schedule each week. Be sure to let us know if you need to reschedule an appointment.